Thursday, 18 July 2013

Prague Clock

It's OH's birthday at the beginning of August and I'm always stuck for a present but I realised that he doesn't have a clock in his study. I bought this one in a charity shop for £3


I've taken it apart and coated the wooden part with Gesso and then a coat of acrylic paint. I've then used the Darkroom Door Prague 1 stamp set and stamped onto tissues with majestic blue Versafine, separated the tissue so it is one ply and torn out the individual images and words. I've used Indigo Blu Slap It On to adhere the tissue to the wood. I was quite pleased with how this part turned out. The clock face was more difficult as I couldn't get the hands off so it was stuck in the black plastic frame. This meant I couldn't use an acrylic block so literally had to hand stamp it. The face of the clock is plastic and the stamp slipped a bit on the right hand side but I'm quite happy with the result.


He's recently got home from a trip to the Czech Republic and he's going again in September so I know he'll love it. Now I need to make the card

I'm entering this into the Anything Goes, Anything Goes challenge

4 comments:

  1. wow this is fabulous kim.stunning altered clock :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to decorate a clock!

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes this time.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous clock Kim! I love how you have altered it! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have decorated the clock, Kim! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Rachel
    Darkroom Door

    ReplyDelete