We had great fun making rosette flowers at my card group last week - it was great to get away from the building works - and this week we'll be making cards with them. This is one of my samples using some papers I found during my clearout. They were part of a Papermania pad called The Big One - Clare Curd's Signature range and had 200 sheets. There must be at least half of it left and I love how there are 10 different designs in each colourway. I've used the minty green to fit in with the theme at the Butterfly Challenge which is M is for Margins/Mint. I've followed this layout from Freshly Made Sketches
I'm also entering this into the following challenges:
Not sure where the time is going at the moment and my craft room is being seriously neglected. I needed to prepare for next weeks craft class but as we're just making flowers there wasn't a lot to do so I found time to make a card for the Butterfly Challenge and the theme is Buttons and /or Bronze. I've followed this layout from Stick It Down which is a new challenge blog for me
I've used my favourite butterfly dies and coloured the white card with Ultramarine and Autumn Bronze gilding waxes. The buttons are cut using Stampin Up's Sweet Buttons Embosslit and coloured with the Autumn Bronze wax.
I can't believe it's been so long since I posted a card. Things have been really busy here. We've had a lot of work done on my old craft room. It still had polystyrene tiles on the ceiling and you could see from the shape of it it would probably some down with the tiles which is why we never tackled it. As we thought, the whole lot came down along with the most awful grey dust. The poor builder looked like a chimney sweep and said he'd never known a ceiling so dirty! It seems that when the original slate roof was taken off it was just left on the loft floor and covered with insulation and most of it has gone to dust. So it's been a lot of housework keeping the dust down. So my old room had a new ceiling, a new wall and the other three re-plastered and a new door. Almost ready for decorating now, just another heavy clean of the floorboards. A weeks break before they start on the major work in the kitchen. We had hoped to get all of the upstairs done before starting downstairs but we've been let down by the roofer so need to find another.
Anyway, on to my first card for a while and it's for the Butterfly Challenge and the theme this time is Grape and Glitter and of course butterflies. I've followed this layout from Sketch Saturday
I'm not sure what variety of grape my colours are but hey ho! The butterfly is cut from a glitter paper that doesn't show too well and I've added Stickles glitter to the butterflies on the background paper. I had originally cut the paper so that the butterflies were central but now I realise that I've used the wrong piece so may give it another go if I get the chance