Friday 27 December 2013

Cool Summer

I'm trying to forget the horrible wind and rain we have at the moment so I got out my Summer By The Sea stamp set by Stampin Up and had a go at the Faux Tile technique which is the current challenge at The Technique Twist. There are links to two different tutorials on the blog and I've gone with the one by Julie Warner. My twist is only slight in that after I scored the tile lines, I then drew over them with a Versamark pen and used clear embossing powder to form the grout. I've then gone lightly over it with Tumbled Glass ink and then stamped the image with the same ink. The sentiment is from the same set and punched out with a Stampin Up punch. The backing paper is from a Dovecraft Back To Basics pack which I've edged lightly with Tumbled glass and the used the seaweed stamp from the By The Tide set to add some texture at the bottom although it doesn't show very much. Some ribbon and a few gems to finish










7 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and design Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely Kim - must have a try at that technique!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version of the faux tile very much. Wishing you a Crafty New Year . hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so stunning kim.the stamp is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty! I love this image and the way you've created the tile look. Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like tile to me, maybe in a beach house kitchen. Great idea using the Versamark pen. Thanks for twisting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Kimbo! It took me a minute to see the people in the image! It reminded me of a conch shell! Lovely tiling & colors! Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

    ReplyDelete