Saturday 16 July 2016

Purple Denim

I've finally said goodbye to my purple denim jeans. They were my favourite for years until I put on so much weight I couldn't even get them over my knees! They were the first things I got out when I started to loose weight and I was over the moon that they finally fitted. Despite being too scruffy to wear outside, they saw me through the winter indoors until there was just too much glue and ink on them from the craft room so they were relegated to the rag bag for the charity shop.

And then comes along Mrs A with her latest Butterfly Challenge theme of Denim and Dimension. Well, out came the jeans and off with the little ticket pocket for my card.



I've added some 3D foam to the inside top of the pocket so it will stay open and the three full butterflies have 3 layers to them

I'm also entering this into the challenge at Watercooler Wednesday (a new challenge to me) which has the theme of  CAS Butterfly

Well, my jeans are well and truly rags now

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kimbo, what a delightful story and a great use for your discarded purple jeans. Love the layout of your card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Thanks for joining the Watercooler Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denim and Butterflies, now that's a fun combination. Thanks so much for playing along with the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week. I love the cute and whimsical butterflies breaking loose from that pocket full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim! A perfect card, Mrs A is sure to love it. Great use of that little denim pocket too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really great card and the denim pocket looks fab. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea. I think you need yo rescue those jeans from the scrap bag. Just imagine what you could do with the zip!! Sadly I don't do Jeans but I do have a small stash of pieces from sewing projects. This card is great. I love the butterflies escaping from the pocket. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card wil be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliantidea to use the pocket from a pair of jeans! Super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, it was so cool to meet you on Tuesday and thank you for looking after me on the way home! It was a fab day and I can't believe we have met Darnell, Yay! Your card is fabulous! I am loving the butterflies flying out of the little pocket. Purple jeans rock! xxx

    ReplyDelete