Sunday 21 April 2013

Water Stamping Technique

Water Stamping is the Technique of the month at Technique Time Tuesday. I had a play with some blue distress inks and stamped a bird on but it was a bit of a mess so rather than waste the card, I've used the Stampin Up Medallion background stamp. I wasn't sure about this stamp at first as it's so big but there are so many beautiful cards on the internet made with it that I decided to get it and I'm glad I did as it is now retired

I've "inked" the stamp with water then put the corners of my card on the stamp rather than use it as a whole image. I really like how the pattern comes through and you can just about see the bird towards the middle


I've added a sentiment from another Stampin Up set Butterfly Prints and stamped it in Majestic Blue Versafine. The butterfly is cut from scrap pattered paper with a Marianne die and I've edged it with distress inks to tone down the white.When I cut the butterfly I used some wax paper to help the diecut release and it's such a shame to waste it so I've put it on the card under the main butterfly to give another layer.


I've done another in pinks pretty much the same but the sentiment didn't show up will directly on the card so I've re-stamped on a scrap of card and edged it with distress inks to blend in. I quite like this water stamping technique and I'm sure I'll use it again


I'm also entering this into the challenge at Heck of a Challenge. The theme this month is Water so these cards fit in well

14 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! I don't know which one I like the best because they are both just lovely! LOVE the butterflies! Thank you for joining us at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AMAZING! LOVE the blue but the pink is equally gorgeous! Fabulous CAS layout and amazing use of our technique! Thanks for joining us at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Kim. Love that technique..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color variations Kim! Both are gorgeous cards & the water stampin just pops! :) Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful idea to use the water stamping technique to create the corners for your card! That looks awesome!

    Thank you very much for sharing this with us at TTT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are both so beautiful kim and really pretty butterflies :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, isn't this a fun technique - so hard to just stick to one card! So happy you joined us this month at Technique Time Tuesday, really hope to see you back again to play along next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful. It's amazing that the same stamp set has been used but the results are very different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are breathtaking! Love that you stamped the corners, the waterstamping is a perfect backdrop for those delicate butterflies. Thanks for joining in with Technique Time Tuesday, we're so glad you did!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful... a great technique and your cards are just amazing.
    Thanks for joining us at HOA challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards Kimbo. You've really got this technique sorted. Thank you for joining us at TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is a great stamp for this technique! Both of those cards are gorgeous! Love the butterflies too! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really lovely! I especially like the pink card. Thanks for sharing with us at Technique Time Tuesday this month! Blessings, Adrienne DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love your pink card - but I am a pink girl at heart! Thank you so much for inspiring me!
    Thank you so much for joining us at TTTC for the water stamping challenge! We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you again Karen P Technique Time Tuesday Crew http://stampinginpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete