Wednesday 19 June 2013

Blockbusters

Remember the old television programme - give us a B Bob? Well I picked up this pack of game cards in a charity shop


Someone had just returned it as there were some cards missing and the manager said to put it in the bin. I'll have it I said and paid the princely sum of 10p. I wanted it more for the idea than the cards and when I saw this weeks sketch at Sketch Saturday, I just knew what I was going to do


I've used one of the playing cards for the background. The hexagons were cut with a Die-namics die. Now I must admit I was caught out by this die as it cuts 3 each of two different sized hexagons. I didn't realise this until I had stuck some down and they just wouldn't fit so I had to start again. It worked out well though as it meant that I could do the two tone green for some of the hexagons. The letter were cut from scraps of black card with a Quickcutz alphabet dies in the Squeeze. And this is the final card


Now to find something to do with the other 30 odd playing cards!

I'm also entering this into the following challenges:
My Mum's Craft Shop - Dies, Dies Dies
Joanna Sheen - Fathers Day/Male Card
The Crafter's Cafe - Father's/For A Male
Cards For Men - Boys Will Be Boys
Heck Of A Challenge -Bingo - middle line - Yellow, Die Cut or Punch, Green






11 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT Kim :) I wonder if this is LIM enough for the Less is More challenge right now? I think so, it's very clever :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, perfect for a card, thanks for joining us at Crafters Cafe this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Great card and what a great bargain you picked up there. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and give us a p for perfect.this is fantastic kim.really love your design.i loved blockbusters :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card well done
    Thank you for joining in our challenge on Cards for Men. Hope you can join us again soon, Good Luck

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, brings back memories "can I have a P please Bob" :-) thank you for joining us at Crafters Cafe

    Hugz Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kim.Love the idea.. Callyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab, unique idea! Really love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a brilliant idea .. i love it . I remember watching the programme every tea time lol
    Thanks for joining us at heck of a challenge this month for our bingo challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card! It's brought back many fond memories of watching the programme with my Gramps :D Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, hugs, Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have a B for brilliant! very clever!!
    Thanks for playing along at Heck of a Challenge this month and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete