Tuesday 25 June 2013

Cuttlebug Mania Mosaics

The girls at Cuttlebug Mania want us to use mosaics on out cards this week. I've had to get cracking with this as I'm going away tomorrow. For my card I've used another craft shop buy - this pack of black and white letters which I got for 30p


This is my second attempt at this card as I used a ruler to make sure the letters were straight and it looked wrong so I've started again and just stuck them as I went. I've used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder for the bottom half of the card and some scrap of black grey and silver card using three more folders (Cuttlebug Diamond Plate and Candy Cane Stripe and Sizzix Lattice). A couple of embossed lines and layered the panel onto black card to finish for a quick man's card. I'm also entering this into Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground


8 comments:

  1. I love the wonky look Kim and the monochrome. Have a good trip. Thanks for joining in with our Mosaics challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Kim for a card! Love the wobbliness!!!

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think the words look better for the random placing - sometimes being precise doesn't quite work! Great men's card, will have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you clever little sausage - this is perfect! All the better for being a bit random too, and great use of little snippets.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning kim.fab striking design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has a wonderfully masculine feel to me. Great colour combo and love the mosaic letters and paper bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic Kim :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the random placement of your letters spelling out the sentiment. So pretty with the crisp white of the bottom portion - your dots EF really set off the top portion. Super card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete