Sunday 23 June 2013

Technique Time Tuesday - Chalkboard

The challenge this month at Technique Time Tuesday is to use the Chalkboard Technique. I've only tried this once and forgot how much I liked it and I've gone for a similar card as before as it seemed to work well. I've use two stamp sets - Amazing Family by Stampin Up and The Journey by Tim Holtz. For the main image I've stamped in Versamark and embossed with WOW Opaque White powder. I've then over-stamped with Ink It Up White ink to give a shadow. My border is done with a Picket Fence Distress Marker and a ruler. I did think I had a dud pen as it didn't show straight away but gradually appeared and I think it has a chalky effect. I also used my finger on the ink left on the stamps to add a few smudges. The background is just stamped with the stamps on the Tim Holtz set with Versafine onyx black. These are really great sets when you don't have the right backing paper.

If you've not tried this technique before, be sure to pop over to TTT to see the video as it's really clear. In one of the magazines this month there was a tutorial on the chalkboard technique but it actually used chalk which seems a little bit of a cheat to me.

I'm also entering this into the Joanna Sheen challenge which is to make a Father's Day or Male card.


I do have another idea for this technique but I'm not going to get time to try it until I get back from holiday but I will definitely have a go.

8 comments:

  1. Great image Kim. Good effect as well. Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic masculine card Kimbo! Love the collage stamped background and fabulous job on our technique :) Thanks so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday this month, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a totally AWESOME masculine card!!! LOVE the fabulous monochrome and I adore the sentiments and images you used! Thanks for joining us at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stunning kim.fab images and I love the chalkboard effect :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job with the faux chalkboard technique! Also, I love how you stamped the background too. Those are great stamps! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really got that technique sorted, great card! So nice to see a masculine card too. Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! The stamps coordinate beautifully making this a perfect masculine card! You totally nailed the Faux Chalkboard Technique as well! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your monochrome card, great use of the chalkboard technique and a fab masculine card. Thanks for playing along with TTT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete