Wednesday 9 January 2013

Furry Good Wishes

I've made this for my cousin's Birthday. I always make her a cat card but usually a cat topper from Kanban or a Joanna Sheen CD so I thought I'd do a different sort of cat this year. The image is from a Personal Impressions set called Everyday Furry Cat Wishes and is great for Nicola as she is a fantastic cook. This is the first time I've used this stamp and I had an awful problem getting it to stamp properly with Memento. In the end I used Versafine and embossed it with clear powder . The greeting is from the same set and heat embossed again. I struggled to find a punch the right size for it so added a few cupcakes at the top. The backing paper is from an 8x8 pad by DCWV called Nana's Kitchen. This is a gorgeous stack with half the papers glittered. I've resolved to start using some of my paper stash and this did go so well with the image. The corners are from a Cut n Emboss die by Ellison. I've added some gems on the corners and for the cherries to finish off. I've even done the insert which is normally a last minute job for me.


3 comments:

  1. Love the image Kim. Great card. Callyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card. I'm a huge fan of cats. Thanks for visiting and taking part in my candy draw. Good luck!

    hugs,
    Asha

    p.s. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous kim.fab sweet image and i love your papers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete