Monday 4 November 2013

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge


I was chuffed to bits to be asked to be a guest designer for the House Mouse and Friends challenge. And then I saw the first of my challenges - Anything But A Card. Now I do like altered art but it tends to be a bit too grungy for the cute little meeses. Then I remembered this box that OH keeps his seeds in and decided it needed a makeover


I printed off some papers from the House Mouse CD from the In The Garden section and covered the box. There were lots of images to choose from but thinking about the original use of the box, I thought these catnip images were just perfect



I've made 4 tabs with card from cereal boxes covered with snippets of backing paper. The tops are cut with my envelope punch board. I've not put labels on the tabs yet as I don't know what OH wants


Some garden string tied around the top of the box and on the tag on the end


OH was very pleased with it but wants another one so he can keep the flower and vegetable seeds separate. And because I used snippets of backing paper for the tabs, I'm going to take this over to Pixie's Snippets Playground

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kimbo! Love how you have altered this little box for the Garden seeds. It is absolutely adorable and beautiful in these House-Mouse CD papers and Images. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and you have done it so well. I absolutely love this. Not having a cat, I do have a box which Mrs A sent with some flowers in a while ago and which I have been saving for something special. Thanks for the idea.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim what a make over. I am sure you O/H will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is an example of true creativity at work, Kim! You didn't let the challenge (congratulations on the GD spot!!) stump you and immediately came up with a brilliant idea for something other than a card! I can see why OH was pleased with it ... and even wants another!! I think this will be a very popular item to pass around at the Playground!! I can't wait to see it up close and personal!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation Kim :-) I am sure your hubby loves this and no wonder he wants another one !! absolutely gorgeous ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fabulous up cycling love it and a super colour and design
    Great to be working with you
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim, what a fabulous idea and those HM papers/images are just perfect! From what I know of puddy tat food pouch boxes (none here but I feed my neighbours' cats when they are away) the size must be perfect for seed packets. Just BRILLIANT!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever! I love the idea of covering things up to make them look pretty! :)

    Ema
    GD for HMFMC Nov/Dec

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Kim, what a fab idea. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot!!
    This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous seed box and what a brilliant idea - mine just sit in a box and get all mixed up - it's a guess what & when will appear !!!
    Such pretty papers and adorable perfect image!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can we have two for the potting shed then!! Super idea for hubbies seeds. I use these boxes all the time. The Whimps keeps me well supplied in empties! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! I have a gardening friend who would just love something like this, Kim. And I'd love one too. Now what can I do to persuade The Boss to eat Whiskas, the boxes Felix comes in are not quite the same! Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative idea. And what great results! Love the papers you chose and of course that little mouse image too. Great Project.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete