Sunday 30 October 2016

Hoops and Harebells At The Butterfly Challenge

This fortnight's theme at the Butterfly Challenge is Hoops and Harebells. I always intend to get my card for this challenge done early but it's always well into the second week before I get one done. I've gone for the purplish end of the harebell colour range and this sketch form CAS Colours & Sketches


I made my own backing paper using the smallest swirl die in the Stampin Up Swirly Scribbles set and cut it from funky foam to use as a stamp. My harebell colour comes from Shaded Lilac distress ink:



I had to take a picture at an angle to show the glitter on the butterfly but the stamping is a lot lighter in real life

Th butterflies are cut using Stampin Ups Butterfly Wings Embosslits folder using scraps of lilac card so I'm also taking this to the Pixie's Snippets Playground

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, I love how you've made your own stamp.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever way to make a stamp from a die, it's a wonderful card.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of your supplies! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card. Very clever idea to make your own stamp to create the swirls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that swirl certainly looks like a bought stamp, clever! Faab card. Thanks for palying at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim, great card and how clever to make your own stamp too! Top marks :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks great Kim. The homemade stamp has made a lovely background. What a clever idea. A beautiful card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed with you making your own stamp for my challenge. It looks really good and I love your choice of the colour range. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. Still can't get over you making your own stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and very creative to make your own stamp. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being showcased by Di, Kim, and well-deserved! Your card is awesome and you're a little genius to make your own stamp with fun foam! I've got to get the hamster working on doing this for me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and so cool that you made your own stamp! xxx

    ReplyDelete