Sunday 25 August 2013

The Perils Of A Tidy Crafter

I am not a tidy crafter - never have been and never will. I'm quite happy working in the tiniest space often resorting to my lap when everywhere else is full. However, I do occasionally get to the stage where everything is cleared out, sorted and put back in their proper place. This morning was one of those times.

I've just found the Technique Twist challenge blog and they're current challenge is to use the Emerging Colours technique. There is some lovely inspiration there so I thought I'd have a go. My first two efforts didn't work for me so I've put them aside until I work out how I can use them. From these first two I've realised that the choice of stamps and colours is important and I'm more happy with the third one. However, I had just finished the main piece and was deciding what card to mat it on when OH came home. I went down to see him and we had a little chat then back to my craft room and there it was - gone! It's ridiculous - my desk was more or less clear when I started this morning so there is very little it can be hiding under but it's nowhere to be seen. Of course I can find the first two but they're staying in the to use pile so there was nothing for it but to start again.

I've blended Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw Distress Inks randomly over a square of card. I then stamped the Sanded background stamp by Stampin Up with Broken China DI and remembered to dry it with a heat gun. I've then used the balloon from Indigo Blu's Grand Tour III set and stamped with Versafine and added clear powder (on my first attempt I didn't dry the background so the powder stuck to the damp Distress Ink!). I've also used the compass from the same set and again stamped and embossed it down the right hand side. The next step was to go over the whole piece with Broken China ink and the images just pop out. I've stamped the sentiment (from Tim Holtz The Journey set) in Broken China and coloured some white paper string with the Scattered Straw. The charm was from my stash and I've stuck the string and ring with silicone so that the charm stays at the top but still moves





I love this technique - how the original colours show through and how the background stamp is still visible even though I've blended the same colour ink over it. Now, where's the original!

4 comments:

  1. I simply love this card! Your choice of stamps and colours and embellishments is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at The Technique Twist this week...hope we see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors Kim! I think this is one of my fav combos!!! Must be the Pisces in me! :) I love the use of stamps & twine! Thanks for joining us at the Technique Twist! :)

    BTW - I've featured your card today on Facebook! Check it out here! :) https://www.facebook.com/TheTechniqueTwist

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love how you tackled this techique; the stamps are colors work so well together! Hope you join us again at Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with your card and your ambition to get it done. Your images are fabulous and I love the transparency look you created. Thanks for your inspiration @ The Technique Twist

    ReplyDelete