Tuesday 20 January 2015

Anything Goes at Cardz 4 Guyz


Time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz and this week our theme is Anything Goes so plenty of scope for your masculine cards there. For my card I've turned this sketch from Friday Sketch Challenge


I saw this idea yonks ago at a demonstration by Kate Evans and thought it was about time I used it.. The sticks were from Wilko - they were sold in the gardening section and reduced to 10p for a large pack. The stamp was a 50p find in a charity shop - Julia's House shops in Dorset apparently get a lot of old stock from Hobbycraft so I always look in if I'm passing


Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder
K&Co Life's Journey paper
Funstamps Vintage Car
Stampin Up Road To Happiness for sentiment

8 comments:

  1. What a clever idea Kim, I will have to remember that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that popsicle sticks could be used like this? Thanks for the new trick! It looks so cool on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning kim.really love how you have used the lolly sticks for the image, so clever :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stamping on the sticks was an absolutely brilliant idea! Very cool vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card you made! I like how you take our sketch .
    Thanks tor joining at Friday Sketch :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting way on using our sketch. I like the stamped image on popsicle sticks. It's a great idea and very masculine.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Friday Sketch Challenges.
    Hugs, Maja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea for adding texture, its so different! Thank you for sharing it with us at Friday Sketch challenge, please pop over again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen lolly sticks used like that before - what a fantastic idea!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete