Sunday 25 January 2015

Brads at The Butterfly Challenge

The current them at The Butterfly Challenge is to use brads - Mrs A didn't say how many but it was definitely plural :)  As soon as I saw this, I knew what I wanted to do but wasn't sure if I would have time. The first thing I had to do was to find my brads from various places around my craft room (and the spare bedroom where I keep some of my crafty stash). I finally got most of them together yesterday and sat sorting them in front of the television last night and this is the result


They're all sorted into little boxes which fit into an A4 box just like my buttons and charms so at least I might use them now!

Now onto my card and once I'd finished the main image, this is what the back looked like


You may just about see the shape of the butterfly - if you know what you're looking for. And here is the finished card


I love these Woodware Bubble stamps almost as much as their Huge word stamps. All but the 5 smallest dots on each wing have brads and they have blue Stickles like the body. The sentiment is stamped onto a scrap of card from when I made the card blank so I'm taking this over to the Snippets Playground when it opens as I haven't visited for ages

Woodware Bubble Butterfly stamp
Wild Rose Studio Birthday Circles stamp
Stampin Up Ballet Blue cardstock and ink
Broken China Stickles

 I'll also be entering this into the following challenges
Red Rubber Inspirationals - Focus on Stamping
Fussy & Fancy - Things With Wings

17 comments:

  1. Good GRIEF Kim! How many brads do you have altogether? This is just amazing and must have taken ages to make - absolutely fabulous card! Mrs A is gonna be soooo impressed :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used your buttons and brads to create your dimensional butterfly. Thanks for entering it into our F&F Wings & Things Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card and brilliant use of your brads.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a stunning card with all those brad..... do you have any left lol?
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow- this caught my eye in the playground but never expected it to be made of brads - how absolutely fabulous. I used three brads on my butterfly card and thought I had done well LOL
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Kim you have excelled yourself. I love your card to brads (pieces). Such a brilliant idea. Off to find that butterfly stamp now (do you have shares in the company. LOl. Thankyou so much for fluttering by my butterfly challenge #22. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous butterfly, super use of the brads, I need to sort my shiny schtuff too...

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Kim... great colour too..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant way off using your brads! Fab card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever card Kim, so effective. I LOVE it! Sadly I don't have many brads or I'd be CASEing it :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, could you have made a better card for the challenge! I am so envious.Thank you for sharing with us at The Butterfly Challenge. - Myrna Challenge #22 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous. What a clever use of all those brads and so perfectly placed. Love it all. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this really is brilliant I can't believe how many brads you have what a fab design!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous card Kim - really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is amazing, Kim! A great idea to use the brads to make the butterfly - very creative. Love the colours and mixture of types.Certainly deserves Mrs. A's special prize.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful creation!!! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely the best use of brads I've seen. Beautiful butterfly/snippets card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete