Monday 22 July 2013

Not What It Started As

This is a card for my brother in law and I was struggling to come up with something for him. I did get my Wellington images out but  then I saw Di's gorgeous Little Red Car, I thought I've got that image and the backing  paper so I'm sorted but my card is nothing like Di's at all.

I started with this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches but turned it on it's side


The image is a pre coloured one from Lili Of The Valley but different to Di's. I've gone with backing papers from the new Papermania Midi Festive Spots which I think is a great pack for male cards. As my image is square it looked a little lost on the A5 card so I was going to add some buttons but OH said no so I've added some scraps of one of the other papers to the corners and it's balanced it  a bit. The sentiment is by Personal Impressions cut and layered with a Stampin Up punch and I've added some bakers twine across the top to finish


And then I forgot to post it so missed the deadline for TMS 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant take on the sketch. Love all those bright colours too. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kim. That's my trick, missing the deadlines..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning kim.love your spotty papers and fab image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete