Thursday 17 October 2013

Faux Cloisonne Technique

This months challenge at Technique Time Tuesday is Faux Cloisonne. If, like me, you've never heard of this technique pop over to the blog and Mynnette has done another great video tutorial for us to follow.

Although this technique really lends itself to leaves and flowers I wanted to try something different so for my card I've started off with an advert on the back of an old craft magazine


I've used the Woodware Huge Sorry stamp and WOW ebony embossing powder and then cut it out. I just love these big stamps as they're especially good for male cards. The backing paper is from my stash and the sentiment is from the same stamp set and embossed with the WOW powder


You can see the sheen of the magazine page in this picture


This is definitely a technique I'll be playing with again and again

7 comments:

  1. What a fun use of this technique!!! The photographs on the paper is amazing! THANK YOU for joining us at TTT--always a pleasure to see you there! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Kimbo I adore your card! So creative to use the technique on the big bold word! Thanks so much for joining us as TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning kim.brilliant technique and i love the stamp :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooo cool!!! I love how you varied this technique! I know I used leaves and I didn't know if it was because it's fall or leaves were just easy. This is awesome! :) Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool Kim, I love those stamps.. on my to get list,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun use of the technique Kimbo! I love the uniqueness of your card & it's simplicity! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimbo what a FUN way to think outside the box with this technique. Love the create use of the magazine page and the creative card. Thanks for joining us at TTT for our Faux Cloisonné technique this month. - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete