Sunday 7 August 2016

Too Late

I saw this sketch at Colours and Sketches before I went on holiday but didn't get a chance to enter the challenge


but I liked it so thought I'd combine it with the latest colour sketch:


I only had Marina Mist and Night of Navy so the base of the butterfly is a snippet of an unamed blue from my stash. A combination of my favourite butterfly dies and an old Fiskars border punch called Treading Water. I remember when this punch first came out (way before dies were popular over here) and it was very difficult to get hold of. The sentiments are from Stampin Ups Because I Care set


And because the current Butterfly Challenge is Punches and/or Pink I've done a pink version:


All the pink card is from my snippets folder so I'll be taking this to Pixie's Snippets Playground

12 comments:

  1. Two really lovely elegant cards, and what a great way to use up snippets
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you created your own double challenge!! And made it look so effortless too. I really like the 3D effect of the butterfly. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super use of the colours and clever to combone it with last week's sketch. Great to have you playing along with CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - love the way you used the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card. Loving that border punch along with the butterfly. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really pretty cards, perfectly CAS and a great use of snippets too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely CAS cards. I've got this border punch too. I'd forgotten how difficult it was to find at the time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Kim! Such a pretty butterfly and I just checked here and also have that edge punch. I think it was probably the first one I ever bought - and until know I had no idea it was called 'Treading Water' either!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. two gorgeous CAS cards... love the dies & punches :) xXx
    My Blog Angie's Craft Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clean CAS, love both the versions!
    Thanks for playing in the Butterfly Challenge #59 with the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card combining both challenges! Lovely CAS card and the butterfuly really stands out. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful CAS card, love how you used the colours and sketch together and I am a sucker for a cute layered butterfly too! Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete