Thursday 5 July 2012

LIM - Lucky Dip

I haven't entered a card for the Less Is More challenge for ages but I wanted to make a card for my forum friend Val. She's been in hospital for 10 weeks now and must be absolutely bored stiff. I've sent her a couple of cards but as she always entered the LIM challenges, I thought this would be perfect for her.

The challenge this week is to use their blog header as inspiration. I've used the colours and a flourish from it. I picked out the stamps I wanted to use but wasn't sure about the layout so I went back to week 52 and used the sketch from that. The flourish stamp is a small set by Kanban and the sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called Hopeful Thoughts. Both are stamped with Versafine and embossed with ebony WOW embossing powder and the flourish strip layered onto mirri card.

Get well soon Val x



5 comments:

  1. This is just lovely Kimbo
    Had no idea Val was in hsopital, can you please give her our love when you next contact her and we hope to see her again soon at "Less is More"

    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Kim,Val is going to love this.
    I keep thinking to ask,how do we get addresess,I would love to send a card.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, which I'm sure will be very much appreciated by a Limette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, beautifully made and I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Best wishes to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking and so lovely...what a wonderful get well card:)!!

    ReplyDelete