Tuesday 31 July 2012

Paperback Christmas Tree

While I was blog hopping last night I came across KraftyKows blogspot and the fabulous Paperback Christmas Tree and decided I needed to have a go. I went to the charity shop and bought a damaged paperback which was going to the tip. It was larger than the normal size and I'll get three out of it for my 50p.

I did a search for a tutorial and there are loads out there but they all say to fold the bottom of the page up so it is flat. I've left mine hanging as I like the effect and I've sat it on a glass candle holder - another charity shop buy for 20p. Once folded I coloured the edges with Peacock Feathers distress inks and added a few sprays of Aqua Lagoon Cosmic Shimmer Mist. I added some aqua sequins all around which were from a pack that cost me £1.00 at the Market Gallery in Southampton. There are loads in this pack and I've hardly used any. I  finished it with a star sprayed with the same Shimmer Mist. I'm not 100% happy with the star so that may change on the next one as I'm sure I'll be making lots of these. They are so quick and ideal for children to sit and make once the book is cut.

This is what I used

And this is the tree

And the bottom pieces which should have been folded up along the horizontal edge

I'm entering this into the Anything Goes challenge which is Let's Not Be Square and the Incy Wincy  challenge - Anything But a Card.

7 comments:

  1. This is soooo pretty and guess what? I gave 3 of those type of candle holders to a charity shop in the last 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love your fabulous creation .
    Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Kim.Ilove it.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful .Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really stunning, wonderful project.
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant so different and my favourite colour too! Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimbo -thank you for the mention. Love your tree and what a great idea with the candle holder. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete