Sunday 29 September 2013

Cuttlebug Mania Tuesday - Toys

Yes it's time for another challenge at Cuttlebug Mania and this fortnight we're playing with TOYS. Our sponsor this week is Paper Nest Dolls. For my card I've used their cute little boy called Sailor Owen. I've coloured him with Promarkers and cut him out with a Spellbinders Lacey Edge Square die. The background is plain card the top is embossed with the Sizzix (Stampin Up) Clouds folder and the bottom half is embossed with a Fiskars Texture Plate. I remember when I first got these with the scratchy little tool that came with it. It was way before die cutting machines and embossing folders. My plates soon went in the back of a drawer as the tool was not the most user friendly thing and the results were very patchy. I had totally forgotten about them until I did a metal class at Jendenink in Fareham and we used one. It took quite a bit of searching when I got home before I could find mine and there are lots of nice patterns and the wave one seemed perfect for this card. The embossing isn't as deep as you get with an embossing folder but it does show and worked well in the Cuttlebug with a shim of card.

 The little ships wheel is cut from a scrap of card from my snippets folder with a Die-namics die from the Sea Charms set and is tied on with some bakers twine. The little wooden duck came from an old picture frame and has been in my stash for ages but it seemed perfect for this card.




2 comments:

  1. so gorgeous kim.fab image and i love your embossing ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete