Tuesday 24 September 2013

Faux Patina

The technique at this fortnights Technique Twist is Faux Patina and there is a link on the blog to a great tutorial. I started my card with with the Cuttlebug folder Textile textures as I thought this had a lovely vintage feel. I used So Saffron on the folder when I embossed my card and then went over with Certainly Celery and Taken With Teal inks followed by Close to Cocoa on the raised elements. Versamark is then roughly rubbed over the piece and I've used Gold Sparkle embossing powder to finish. I didn't want a plain background but I didn't want it too busy so I've used the French Filigree background stamp with brown ink and matted it onto some teal card. The image is a Marianne Romantic Vintage stamp which I've stamped in brown and used the green and teal inks over it. A touch of lace and it's finished



8 comments:

  1. Vintage gorgeous! Love the idea of the saffron base and your mixture of greens. Perfect focal image and bg detail. You rocked it! BTW your kitty graphics are too cute. Thanks for Twisting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kimbo! Lovely colors and embossing! Thanks for joining Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely vintage card Kim! Simply gorgeous! Thanks for taking our Faux Patina challenge at The Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love how you put all this elements together. Everything looks beautiful, the technique, the background and main image. Lovely indeed! Thanks for joining us at Technique Twist!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I commented on your card, left the computer came back and cannot remember if I actually did or just thought about it. Oh my!! LOL! Your card is gorgeous. Love how you place all these elements together...background, technique and beautiful stamped image. love it all! Tx for joining us at Technique Twist. Yay!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stunning kim.the background effect is fantastic and i love the beautiful vintage image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful effect. Just found your link here so thanks for that.
    Off to see the tutorial now. hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage style background which meshes lovely with your Faux Patina panel! Thanks for joining us at the Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete