Thursday 26 September 2013

Snowman

I love this fun snowman - he looks so happy. He's from the Polka Doodles Magical Winter 2 CD. I've used this layout from Sketch Saturday


The backing paper is from the Kraft Notes Forever Friends Christmas stack. The vertical strip is embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder. The horizontal strip was one of my attempts at the Faux Patina effect which didn't quite turn out right but I've rescued a piece for this card. The metal snowflake, button and twine are from my stash.

I'm also entering this into the following challenges:
CD Sunday - Snow People
Cards For Men - String It Up



9 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch and a fab Christmas card.
    Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super card Kimbo, love the sketch (I may borrow). Thanks for joining us this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Faux Patina effect and as I don't know how it is done or anything else about it looks perfect to me. A lovely card and thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kim! Love the faux patina. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image and great card. I'm so glad you rescued your patina effect, it looks fab! Thank you so much for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Hugs
    Anne
    Guest CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cute Christmas card Kimbo!
    Thanks for joining use at Sketch Saturday!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I like his ear muffs! Love the embossing and faux patina.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous snowman Kimbo. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on this sketch. That snowman sure looks a happy chap. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete