Tuesday 3 September 2013

Super Quick Poppies

I've not made many cards over the last couple of weeks as my mojo just disappeared. I think it's when I have to make cards for a special occasion and with a friends wedding coming up I've just couldn't think what to do. Most of my cards go to charity so I like to get inspiration from challenges, but the special cards are a right pain. Every time I came into my craft room, the invitation was sat there as a reminder and I just couldn't get on with anything else. Despite knowing about the wedding for a year, I left it to the totally last minute and I must say a few things went out the window yesterday - I forgot it was open when I pushed some bit back! But the card is now done and in the post so I was looking for a quick card to get me going again and had a look at the Colours & Sketches blog. As it's the fifth week of the month it's a double so you have to use this sketch


and this colour combination


Now I don't have those exact colours so I've stamped my images with Versafine Majestic Blue ink and added some colour with a lighter blue Aqua Marker. I put it onto an acrylic block and used a water brush along the shading lines of the poppies. I've added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the centre of the poppies and the card was finished - it must have taken 10 minutes at most and that included getting all the bits out. The poppies and sentiment are from Indigo Blu's Poppy Meadow set. 

I'm also entering this into the Less Is More challenge with is to use a rubber stamps and watercolouring and the challenge at Sir Stampalot which is poppies




10 comments:

  1. so stunning kim..the poppies and sentiment are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful - lovely images and colouring. Thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very elegant card Kimbo and such a delightful quote as well.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card has a wonderful elegant simplicity to it! Excellent job! Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S. I hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card kimbo

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, how beautiful! I wish poppies would be blue on real too :) I love your clean and simple blue card. It's stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at Staming Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete