Monday 16 September 2013

Faux Silk Kimono

I wanted to have another go at the Faux Silk technique which is this months challenge at Technique Time Tuesday and wanted to do something other than a background. So I thought of clothing and the Wild Rose Studio stamp Mia in Kimono came to mind.  I used red tissue paper and stamped her with Versamark and embossed her with Stampendous Jewelled Gold powder. I wasn't sure if this would work but it was fine. I then stamped her again with Memento and coloured her with Promarkers then cut out her dress, parasol and flower and paper pieced them on top. I had to stamp the hands a third time to go on top of the kimono. I used another panel of red tissue and stamped it using Versmark and a stamp from Stampin Up's Hopeful Thoughts set and again embossed with the gold powder. I've also used a piece of gold mirror card and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Daisy pattern folder. The sentiment is from the WRS Mia in Kimono set and stamped in Brilliance Rocket Red and matted onto gold card. If you want to have a go at this technique, pop over to Technique Time Tuesday where Mynnette has a great video tutorial

I'm also entering this into the Quirky Crafts Challenge which is "It's a Quirky Small World" and the Paper Piecing challenge at C.R.A.F.T.



10 comments:

  1. You are SO clever! What a fabulous way to show the versatility of this technique! I utterly adore the Asian theme--and the gold embossing is amazing! Thanks for joining us at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenges with your super paper pieced creation

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is perfectly adorable. The colour you have chosen is lovely. I pulled that challenge out to have a go and it is still on my to do list which is now almost as long as my wanted list!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you did an amazing job with this technique! That embossed background does look like silk! Mia is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome! I love the Faux Silk and I love your Mia stamp! This is a gorgeous card and well constructed! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh the gold embossing looks BEAUTIFUL on the red! I love the paper piecing you did. It is so meticulously done and really gives your card the WOW factor! Thanks for playing at TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the papers, thank you for joining Quirky Crafts!!

    ((Lyn))) DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love every thing about this creation. Thank you so much for joining us at TTTC for our Faux Silk challenge. We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you again Karen P Technique Time Tuesday Crew http://stampinginpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, great use of the technique. Love her little parasol and dress, combining the red and the gold gives your card a very oriental feel. Thanks for playing along at TTT

    Louise

    ReplyDelete