Wednesday 11 September 2013

Dream

I almost missed the Technique Twist challenge as although it's fortnightly, I thought this was the first week but today is the last day so it had to be a very quick card. I've followed this layout from Sketch Saturday


The image is from Stampin Up's Summer By The Sea set and stamped with bleach onto a scrap of blue card. It was amazing to see the image gradually appear and I think it's a great impression. I've matted it onto some creamy caramel card as it matched the colour that the image turned out. I've embossed a square of the same card with the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder and the backing paper is from Papermania's Portabello Road pad. Luckily there was a piece of the blue card left when I trimmed the image an I've stamped the Dream onto it again in bleach and cut it with one of the Stampin Up Itty Bitty Banner dies. I was going to add some gems but it seems too busy already


9 comments:

  1. The embossing folder adds such a great touch of whimsy to the Dream card! That's one of my favs!!! A lovely card & the bleached image is perfect for the layout! Thanks for joining us for The Technique Twist Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image (wish I had it!) and love the effect of the bleaching technique..such a perfect, subtle effect! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a calm and clean card. Fabulous use of the bleach technique! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week!
    Hugs,
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you are having fun with the bleaching technique Kimbo...thanks for all your entries this week @ The Technique Twist Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous kim.the image is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and clean design Kim, great use of the sketch too. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that beautiful image, Kim. thanks so much for joining us at The Technique Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours Kim.... Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really know how to play with the colors that the bleaching technique brings out. Lovely card...tx again for playing with us at technique Twist. I enjoyed every entry. :)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete