Wednesday 13 February 2013

Fabric Birdy

I've made a couple of birds from the X-cut paisley die but the challenge at Docrafts this week is to use fabric on your cards. Now, I'm not a dressmaker so other than old clothes I don't usually have any fabric to use on cards. However, a couple of months ago there was some fabric as part of a free gift with Quick Cards Made Easy. It was sat in my charity shop pile so I got it out and tried the dies on it and I must admit I was surprised at how well they cut. I've used two sizes of die for the body and wing and a scrap of card for the beak. I was going to layer the bird onto white card but it took too much away from the gorgeous Lucy Cromwell paper. I've cut some flowers from the same fabric - just so glad I haven't had time to get to the charity shop yet.  The birds eye and flower centre are buttons from the Vintage Notes pack. The greeting is from a set called Critter Sentiments but I can't believe who it is by - it's stamped with Brilliance peacock ink.




Not a peacock but we had this handsome chap in our garden today



1 comment:

  1. What a clever card Kim, never thought of using fabric with a cutter. Callyxx

    ReplyDelete