Sunday 3 March 2013

Alter It

The challenge at Pan Pastels this week is Alter It so I've combined it with the Incy Wincy Anything But A Card challenge. For my project I've chosen to alter the pen tub that has been sitting on my computer desk. It was original a container for fruit salad


I've stamped a butterfly from the Chocolate Baroque Tangled Garden set with Stazon onto Clearly For Art film. I've coloured it with blue and purple alcohol inks and cut it out, then heated and shaped it.

I've then used the same alcohol inks on the plastic tub then dabbed some silver on top. A bit of braid around the top to finish. It looks a lot better on my desk now


6 comments:

  1. Smashing - love that butterfly - I'm waiting on gesso to dry on my own project!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this is fabulous kim.really love the colours and stunning butterfly :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great altered tub for your pens, lovely colours. Thanks for linking to the PanPastel UK challenge.
    Hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your fabulous pen holder with the DT from PanPastel UK, wowzersss loving the butterfly and the pen holder is fabulous. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning, I love those colours and the butterfly is fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete