Wednesday 27 March 2013

Chalkboard

I'm in the craft room early this morning as he was snoring so loudly - no, not OH but Buddy!


The girls at Daring Cardmakers have asked us to pay homage to the chalkboard this week. This is my first attempt at doing the Chalkboard technique and I quite enjoyed it. I've followed the tutorial by Betsy Veldman recommended by them. My first attempt didn't quite work - what I though was white powder turned out to be clear! I think I'll be adding some Pan Pastels to that one. I thought the wording on the Amazing Family set by Stampin Up would be perfect for this. I've also used one of the cars from a Tim Holtz set called The Journey. I've stamped them all in Versamark and embossed with WOW Opaque Bright White powder then overstamped with Ink It Up white ink with an Inkssentials white pen around the image. I didn't have any suitable backing papers so I've used the rest of the Tim Holtz set to make my own, stamping with black Versafine. I must say that I do like this technique and it's not as frightening as it first seems once you get going. I was also surprised how quickly it came together but it is a very forgiving technique




5 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Kim and thanks for the link to the tutorial - another technique for 'one day'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Kim - thanks for playing along and I am glad you enjoyed trying out this technique. I was also surprised at how easily it all comes together, and of course I am all for forgiving techniques as I am known for stuffing it up on the last step of something complicated! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card - especially for a man! Male-cards are always sooo hard to make, don't you think? And your black and white background is just perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stunning kim.really fab image and i love the chalkboard effect :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chalkboard looks great! And the image goes so well with the paper in the background. What a nice card.

    ReplyDelete