Thursday 21 March 2013

Wonderful Wings

My Egyptian card for CD Sunday last week was a little different to say the least so I thought I'd have a different take on this weeks Wonderful Wings challenge. For my card I've used Joanna Sheens Nostalgia Collection CD. I love the artwork on this CD as a lot of the pictures have been made in Gibsons  jigsaws which I've done a lot of. I've used the backing paper and image from the CD and I've used the current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches


I was lucky enough to win last weeks challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches and it looks like a great prize - thanks girls 

I've turned the sketch on it's side and used a Dienamics chevron die instead of the flags. The image had been triple embossed to give it a glossy look. A few gems finish it off









14 comments:

  1. Hi Kimbo. I am also a fan of the Nostalgia CD's and also have a few of the jigsaws. I love doing jigsaws and often do one with my Grandaughter.
    Lovely card and good take on the sketch for your other challenge.
    Thank you for joining us again and.......
    have you looked at the results for last week. Just need you to send your name and address to our email account and I'll get your little gift off to you.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kim. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vintage aeroplanes card. Love the chevrons.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super take on our theme this week Kimbo. Great image and layout. Thanks for joining ujs again at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Kimbo and a fab take on the challenge.
    Thank you for joining in this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Kim, you have done this so well and great to see something different, than you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - & congratulations on winning olast weeks CD Sunday challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, you are the only one to use a plane, great choice
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you decided on a plane, I had hoped to see at least one and you haven't let me down.
    Thanks for joining us again this week with such a fab card.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on trying something different, and thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. A super card. with lots of interest. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. KIM. Your parcel is ready with a stamp but unfortunately we now have some snow. I don't do snow in case I fall.(Just getting over a nasty one) so it will be in the post asap.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card!! I love that image and DP!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is cool! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete