Saturday 30 March 2013

Brick Wall

We did a card at my craft class last month using the Brick Wall technique and this is the technique featured this month at Technique Time Tuesday. This is the card I made at class



My card for the challenge I've used a Kanban stamp. I first stamped it in Majestic Blue Versafine then overstamped with Versamark a little to the left. Rather than embossing powder, I've used some Perfect Pearls and it really shimmers in the right light. I've layered it onto blue mirror card. The backing paper is from a DCWV pack called Blossoms & Butterflies. The side die is by Crafts Too. I really like this technique and it doesn't really take too long although I do like doing jigsaws so maybe that helps




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful....gorgeous image and colours.

    Happy Easter.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. both so stunning kim.your designs are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting background - lovin' the mirror shimmer which compliments the brick wall very well! Both cards are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did a fantastic job with the Brick Wall Technique! I love them both. That shimmer on the 2nd one is really pretty along with the stamp that you used! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great double stamping on the blue card and a really good job with the brick wall. Well done and thank you for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are fabulous Kimbo and thank you for making two - I love the blue one, but I like to use blue a lot myself! Your comparison of the technique is interesting because I loathe jigsaw puzzles but love this technique - oh well I am a bit odd lol!
    Thank you so much for joining us at TTTC for my Brick Wall Challenge! We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you next month Karen P Technique Time Tuesday Crew
    http://stampinginpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOO, these are both simply stunning!!! LOVE the blues you used for the card for our challenge--that shiny blue is amazing! Thanks for joining us at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job with both of these cards, so hard to pick a favourite! Fantastic job with the brick wall and the little accent you added on the side of each really complete the look. Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday, we sure hope you will join us in April :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, you've obviously mastered the technique! Love the shimmery effect on your card for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at TTT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete